Print this page

Foundations and Chair

Foundations and Chair

 

PEDRO POVEDA CHAIR. PONTIFICAL UNIVERSITY OF SALAMANCA

Salamanca. Spaoin

The Pedro Poveda Chair (PPC) was created on July 28, 2000 through an agreement between the Pontifical University of Salamanca (UPSA) and the Teresian Association (TA). Both institutions subsidize it as well as promote and co-direct the activities associated with it. It is linked to the Department of Theology of the UPSA in Salamanca but the activities may take place at other campuses of this University in Madrid and other Spanish cities.

According to the agreement, the creation of the PPC on July 28, 2000, the objectives are: “to promote the study of Pedro Poveda and his writings as well as research, teaching, and dissemination of the two main themes that sustained his life and mission: the priestly ministry in the Church and the dialogue between faith and contemporary culture.” The PPC started its activities in 2001.

PEDRO POVEDA FOUNDATION

Guatemala City. Guatemala

The objectives of Pedro Poveda Foundation are development, comprehensive training, and human advancement, especially of people with limited financial resources, through programs and projects in the field of formal and informal education. It is an educational non-profit Foundation.

One of the pillars of its mission is the support of socio-educational processes that promote projects and programs aimed at the full development of the individual and affect the development of communities and lead to a just, equitable, and democratic society. It responds to the educational needs of the country, from the perspective of a preferential option for the most disadvantaged and marginalized groups.

http://fundacionpedropoveda.org/

 

PEDRO POVEDA CHAIR OF THE HISTORY OF THE TERESIAN ASSOCIATION

Madrid. Spain

Madrid. Spain

Pedro Poveda Chair of the History of the Teresian Association (T.A.) promotes the study of the history of the T.A.

In 2014 the following bok was published: History of the Teresian Association (1911-1936). This is a collective work in which eleven women, all renowned university professors, were involved.